Check out Advantages and disadvantages of having Rubber bathroom flooring in your home.
Rubber has come across to be one of the most essential requirements when it comes to the flooring that has to be done in a bathroom. Its texture and availability makes it popular and the kind that will be used by people more often. Rubber flooring though is gaining popularity and is being used especially in the bathroom floorings as it prevents slipping and certain kind of dirt accumulation, it has serious drawbacks.
The advantages and disadvantages of rubber bathroom flooring have been discussed below.
Rubber Flooring Advantages
- Durability – since the material is strong and tough and resilient under any condition, it can last up to twenty years or more. The durability of this material is what people look forward to when they have the bathroom flooring done with the rubber material.
- Low maintenance – all you need to have is a bucket of warm water and a mop to clean flooring that is made out of rubber. Whereas when there is other floorings one generally needs to use different types of synthetic materials to clean it, whereas in case of rubber you require none.
- Soft – rubber is a very soft material and despite of whatever is said it helps people who are suffering from fatigue as they have a problem standing on tiled floors.
- Water resistant – the best part about rubber is that it is water resistant and hence keeps the bathroom floor sort of dry every time you step in.
- Burn and fire resistant – it is a non toxic material and does not get burnt by small cigarette burns or anything like that.
- Sound properties – it can also act as a sound barrier which is beneficial especially if it is a bathroom.
- Color variants – according to the walls of the bathroom and the decor one can choose from a wide range of rubber floorings for the bathroom.
- Texture – the texture is such that it prevents people from slipping on the tiles.
Rubber Flooring Disadvantages
- Expensive – though it is low on maintenance, the first time that you get it installed is very expensive.
- Above grade – though it keeps the place dry it has the problem of seepage and curling tiles.
- Staining – though it is resistant to a lot of things, the detergents and chemicals can discolor it for once and for all. The grease and the oil once if sticks to the rubber never gets out.
Also Read – 10 Bathroom 2014 Best Tips
Therefore rubber flooring in the bathroom has both advantages and disadvantages.